9:30 am - 12:10 pm
Auditorium, MaRS Centre
Deeper Dive Workshop with Melissa Marshall
Do you want to learn strategies to sell your next big technical idea to an investor?
This workshop equips scientists, engineers, researchers, and technical professionals to sell their science to investors and venture capitalists.
We will focus on the pivotal pitch presentation—that all important opportunity where you have just a short period of time to:
- Gain the interest of the investor,
- Help the investor understand the science behind your project, and
- Persuade the investor to fund your work!
This in-depth and hands-on group workshop includes lecture, discussion, group exercises, and analysis of examples to enable the participant to successfully sell their science during their next pitch presentation.
- Equip participants to effectively analyze the needs and motivations of an investor audience.
- Enable participants to utilize compelling language, visual, and storytelling techniques to engage and persuade investors to support their work.
- Teach participants how to filter the details of their science appropriately for an investor
- Provide participants with concrete tools they can use when structuring their content and crafting visual aids to ensure persuasive and understandable communication of their work.
- Direct participants on enacting delivery strategies to convey their energy and enthusiasm for the work. Passion sells!